In this article you'll learn what a Presentation is, how to create a Presentation, and how to show a Presentation on your Display.
Guide 1: What is a Presentation?
Guide 2: Create a Presentation
Guide 3: Show a Presentation on your Display
What is a Presentation?
Presentations are the heart of Rise Vision. They contain the digital signage content that is shown on your Display.
Presentations use Placeholders to organize and control the layout of content on the screen. A Placeholder is a container for the type of content you want to add. It has properties separate from both the Presentation and the content type it contains. You can customize and control how and when the content shows as part of the Presentation.
In the Full Screen example below, one Placeholder is used to contain full screen images. And, in the 4 Content Zones example also below, four Placeholders are used to show four different types of content on the Display at the same time.
Create a Presentation
A Presentation is created in our Editor and can be created from a Template (we’ve done all the design work for you) or from scratch (if you have a design in mind and want to build it yourself).
This guide will show you how to create a Presentation using the Full Screen Image Template from the Template Library.
- Go to https://editor.risevision.com
- Click Add Presentation +
- When the Template Library opens, select the Full Screen Image Template.
- The Template will be opened in the Presentation Editor.
- Select Save and the Template will be added to your Company.
- You can access the Presentation anytime by selecting Presentations at the top of the page, or by visiting https://editor.risevision.com and selecting the Presentation named, "Copy of Simple Image" from the list of Presentations.
Show a Presentation on your Display
Schedules connect Presentations to Displays. They determine what Presentation is shown on a Display and when it is shown, e.g., what day(s) and time of day.
Follow the steps below to show a Presentation on your Display.
- Go to your Schedules by selecting "Schedules" from the top of the page, or by navigating to https://schedules.risevision.com.
- Click Add Schedule +
- Give your Schedule a name
- Click Select Display(s) and select the Displays you want to play the Presentations
- Click Add Playlist Item +
- Select the Presentation you want to add to the Schedule
- Click Save to save the Schedule.
That's it! Your Display will start to show the Presentation.