Schedules control how presentations are shown on your displays. Each display can follow 1 schedule at a time. Assigning a new schedule to a display will remove the old one. Saving a change to a schedule will update all displays following that schedule automatically.
When more than one presentation is added to a schedule, they form a playlist. Presentations will play continuously during the schedule in the order of the playlist.
This short video goes over the basics of managing your schedules:
By default, schedules are set to show their content all the time. You can unselect “Show all the time” and click on the timeline to adjust it.
During the schedule timeline, the schedule’s playlist will play endlessly. When the timeline ends, the screen will become black.
Newly-created schedules are not distributed to any displays. You can assign your schedule’s distribution by clicking on it and selecting any number of displays.
Selecting a display that already has another schedule assigned to it will prompt you to confirm that the display should be moved to the new schedule. Clicking “OK” will remove it from the old one.
Any number of presentations or web pages can be added to a schedule to form a playlist. Your displays will endlessly loop through the content in the order it appears in the playlist.
You can reorder the playlist by clicking and pulling on the handles. You can also copy or delete items using the icons to the right of each playlist item.
Each playlist item’s timeline, duration, and transition is displayed below the item’s name. Click on the items to edit them.
- Duration: By default, playlist items will automatically play until they are done if the feature is supported by the content. If you prefer to set the duration manually, you can unselect “Play until done” and set a duration in seconds manually.
- Timeline: Newly-added playlist items will always be played when their turn comes in the playlist order. You can change this behavior by unselecting “Show all the time” and setting a timeline during which the playlist item is allowed to play. When the timeline ends, the playlist item will be skipped in the playlist.
- Transition: Set this to change the transition that is used when this playlist item appears on a display. This does not affect the transitions used as part of a presentation, so they can be set independently.
To the right of the playlist, you can see a preview of the most recent saved version of your playlist. By default, timelines are ignored in the preview. Click the checkbox above the preview to have it follow timelines based on your device’s system clock.
Above the preview, there is a Share button. Click it to obtain a shareable link to your schedule which you can use for posting on social media, embedding into a website, or as a homepage. Every time the link is accessed, the newest version of the schedule is shown.
A link that is shared like this is not the same as a display running our software, so there are a few important differences between clicking the link and looking at a real display:
- The playlist can be navigated manually using the navigation arrows on the edges.
- All the most recent content in the playlist is shown regardless of timelines.
- Changes made to the schedule won’t be shown in real time. The link must be clicked each time you want to see the latest version.
- The schedule being viewed with the link can’t be interrupted with other content like emergency alerts