This article provides information on what Sub-Companies are, and how they can be used.
What is a Sub-Company and what are they used for?
A Sub-Company is an organization that is nested under your primary Rise Vision Company. Some users have Displays in multiple locations, and use Sub-Companies to keep things organized.
For example we have two locations, one in Toronto, ON, and one in Lenexa, KS. Under our Parent Company “Rise Vision” we have two Sub-Companies, “Toronto” and “Lenexa”.
How do I create a Sub-Company?
After logging into apps.risevision.com, click your profile icon in the top right, then select “+ Add Sub-Company”. After adding your new Sub-Company, you’ll be prompted to enter it’s Company Name, location details, and time zone.
How do I access a Sub-Company?
After logging into apps.risevision.com, click your profile icon in the top right, then select “Select Sub-Company”. A list of all of your Sub-Companies will appear, you can select any from that list.
Do Sub-Companies have the same Store subscriptions are their Parent Company?
No. Sub-Companies will need their own subscriptions to any premium Content Widgets or Services.
Do Sub-Companies have access to the same Presentations as their Parent Company?
No. Sub-Companies will only have access to their own Presentations, and Templates created by the Parent Company. Please see How Do I Create a Template Presentation? for more details.
Do Sub-Companies have access to the same Displays and Schedules as their Parent Company?
No. Sub-Companies will need to have their own Displays and Schedules created. Displays and Schedules cannot be shared between Companies.
How can I make a an existing Company a Sub-Company?
- Log into apps.risevision.com using the Company that you want to make a Sub-Company.
- Click your profile icon in the top right, then select “Company Settings”. Copy the Authentication Key.
- Log out
- Log into apps.risevision.com using the Company that you want to become the Parent Company.
- Click your profile icon in the top right, then select “Add Sub-Company”. Select “Move a Company Under Your Company” and provide the Authentication Key copied in step 1.
- Click “Retrieve Company Details” and confirm that the Authentication Key you provided is for the correct company.
- Click “Move Company”
Can Sub-Companies have Sub-Companies?
Yes! If you would like even more granular organization, you can create a Sub-Company within a Sub-Company.