You can change the Presentation that is running on a Display at anytime and there are two ways to do this:
- Change the Presentation(s) in the Playlist of the Schedule that is controlling the Display.
- Select a different Schedule to control the Display.
Change the Presentation in the Playlist of a Schedule
A Schedule has a Playlist that contains the Presentations it runs on a Display. To change the Presentation in a Schedule, you can either add a new Presentation to a Playlist or delete a Presentation from a Playlist.
Locate the Schedule controlling the Display
Before you can change a Presentation in a Schedule’s Playlist, you need to locate and open the Schedule you want to change.
- On the Menu, click Schedules.
- Locate the Schedule that you want to change by clicking on the name in the list of Schedules or using the Search bar.
- Click on the Schedule name to open the Schedule.
- Add or Delete an existing Presentation in the Playlist following the steps below.
Add a Presentation to a Schedule’s Playlist
- In the Schedule’s Playlist section, click Add Playlist.
- In the Playlist drop down list, select Presentation.
- In the Select Presentation dialog, use the Search bar to search for the Presentation you want to add or scroll through the list to find it. NOTE: Any Presentation you want to use should be “Published” and should have a resolution that matches the resolution of the Display connected to the Schedule.
- Click on the name of the Presentation you want to add.
- In the Add Playlist Item dialog, you can edit the Name of the Playlist Item (it uses the Presentation name), the Duration it displays for (the default is 10 seconds) and its Timeline (the default is Always).
- Click Add. The new Presentation is added to the bottom of the Playlist.
- Click the up/down arrows to reorder the Presentation in the Playlist.
- Click Save.
Delete a Presentation from a Schedule’s Playlist
- In the Schedule’s Playlist section, click the Delete icon for the Playlist you want to delete.
- Click Save.
Select a different Schedule for the Display
- Locate the Schedule controlling the Display following the steps provided above.
- In the Schedule’s Distribution section, click Select Displays.
- In the Edit Distribution dialog, uncheck the Display that you want to associate with a different Schedule.
- Click Apply.
- Click Save. Now, this Display can be assigned to a different Schedule.
- Locate and open the Schedule you want to assign to this Display.
- In this Schedule’s Distribution section, click Select Displays.
- In the Edit Distribution dialog, use the Search bar or scroll through the list of Displays to find the Display.
- Click the checkbox for this Display to associate it with this Schedule.
- Click Save. The Display will now show the content contained in this Schedule’s Playlist.