With Rise Player you can show the serial number for your Media Player on its Display settings page, as shown in the image below, making it easier to manage your media players.
How does it work?
When Rise Player starts it will read the serial number from a local file on the Media Player and make it available to the Displays App.
Here’s how to do it
Before you start, make sure you are using Rise Player version RisePlayerElectron 2017.03.22.21.24 or newer. See How do I verify Player Version for more details.
- Create a folder in the directory listed below according to your OS. Name the folder bookpc
- Windows: \AppData\Roaming\
- Linux: $HOME/.config/
- Download our sample serial-number file
- Open the sample serial-number file in a text editor of your choice (Notepad, Notepad++, TextEdit, etc.), replace “001-002-003-test” with your serial number
- Save the file in the bookpc folder created in Step 1. The filename should be serial-number with no extension such as .txt. Once completed, the path to your file should match the below according to your OS
- Windows: \AppData\Roaming\bookpc\serial-number
- Linux: $HOME/.config/bookpc/serial-number
- Restart Rise Player