A white screen showing on a Display could be caused by a few things, this article covers some of these scenarios and how to resolve them.
Conflict between the Timeline setting for two items
For example, if the Timeline for the display of a Presentation in a Schedule’s Playlist item does not match, or conflicts with the Timeline setting for a content item in a Placeholder’s Playlist that’s in that same Presentation, it could result in a white screen showing on a Display. See the example below.
How to resolve the issue above
- Remove the image with the Timeline constraint from the Placeholder’s Playlist, Or
- Change the Timeline for the image in the Placeholder’s Playlist to display to “Always”.
How to diagnose a white screen due to Scheduling
In the Schedule that’s controlling the Display:
- For each Playlist Item, check the Timeline to determine if it’s set to Always or a specific date/date range.
- For each Playlist Item, write down the name of the Presentation associated with it as you will need to check the Timeline settings for the Placeholder Items in those Presentations to determine if there is a Timeline setting conflict.
In the Presentations:
- For each Presentation linked to a Playlist Item in that Schedule, compare the Timeline for each of the Placeholder Items in the Presentations to determine if there is a conflict between any of them. For example each image in an Image Widget can have a different Timeline setting so you would need to check the Timeline for each individual image used in the Image Widget.
- Correct any Timeline conflicts.
White screen due to unsupported content
Unsupported content can function unreliably regardless of the version of Rise Player that you use. It is recommended that you remove any unsupported content from your Presentations and replace it with a current, supported version.
A list of unsupported content, as well as their replacements are available at in the article My Presentation contains unsupported content.