The news content type allows you to display news headlines and article summaries.
You can also stream content across a Ticker Display from a variety of other sources:
- Message (custom text messages)
- Custom (from a json, xml, or html file)
Select the LED Ticker
- Login to ticker.risedisplay.com.
- Click the name of the LED Ticker you want to set up.
- Follow the steps below to add the type of content you want. The procedure for adding content is specific to the type of content being added.
Add news content
- Click the News icon. A News item will be added to the bottom of the playlist for this Ticker Display.
- Click the News field and type a name to label this content item (e.g., Top News). This text does NOT appear on the display. It is used for making it easier for you to manage and organize the content you add.
- Click Categories to select a category of news to display (e.g., All News, USA Top News, USA Sports, or USA Entertainment.) The default is All News.
- Click Number of to specify the number of news items ( i.e., headline and/or summary) to display (e.g., 10.) The default is 5.
- By default, Show Headline is set to “On” (e.g., news headlines will display for the selected Category.)
- To change it to “Off” click Show Headline then click the Show Headline button (e.g., blue is “On”, white is “Off”.)
- To select a color to display the content, click Show Headline then click Headline Color. Select a color or specify a Hex Code. Available colors are limited by the colors supported on your Ticker display.
- To change it to “Off” click Show Summary then click the Show Summary button (e.g., blue is “On”, white is “Off”.)
- To select a color to display the content, click Show Summary then click Summary Color. Select a color or specify a Hex Code. Available colors are limited by the colors supported on your Ticker display.