This article covers the basics of how the Rise Ticker software draws content on its screen and how to use that knowledge to create custom content. To follow this article, it's recommended you have at least a basic understanding of HTML. For a simpler alternative, add a standard content type.
The Rise Ticker software uses XML and XSLT to create an HTML image at a height matching the resolution of your Ticker. You can provide your own data source and styling sheet to create custom content items that match this format.
Any supported data type should work, but note that Rise Vision can't provide hands-on support for custom code.
This quick video goes over how to add custom content:
Adding Custom content
- Log in at ticker.risedisplay.com and choose the ticker you would like to add content to.
- In the content icons at the top, click on "Custom"
- Click on Item type and choose the correct data type for the custom item you want to show.
- Click on "Data URL" and provide the URL for the custom item.
- By default, the ticker will not refresh the data. Click on "Refresh interval" and set a value other than 0 if the data is meant to change.
- Changes are saved automatically, just click on the "Back" button on the top-left when you are done.