The Financial content type allows you to display individual stock quotes or an index and currencies.
You can also stream content across a Ticker Display from a variety of other sources:
- Message (for custom text messages)
- Custom (from a json, xml, or html file)
Select the LED Ticker
- Login to ticker.risedisplay.com.
- Click the name of the LED Ticker you want to set up.
- Follow the steps below to add the type of content you want. The procedure for adding content is specific to the type of content being added.
Add Financial Content
- Click the Financial icon. A Financial item will be added to the bottom of the playlist for this Ticker Display.
- Click the Financial field and type a name to label this content item (e.g., S&P 500 Index). This text does NOT appear on the display. It is used for making it easier for you to manage and organize the content you add. The list of valid financial instruments to choose from can be found here.
- Click Add Instrument to add a financial instrument (e.g., an individual stock or an index.) When you add an index, e.g., the S&P 100, that content item cannot contain any other Instruments. Indices MUST exist in dedicated content items.
- Select one instrument from the list provided.
- To add a second instrument, repeat steps 3 & 4 above. If the first Instrument added was an Index, you cannot add any additional Instruments. You must create a separate Financial content item for another Index or to add a currency or individual stock quote (i.e., start at Step 1 to add a second index for display).
- The default schedule for displaying the content is 24/7 (i.e., everyday, all day.) To customize the schedule, see Schedule content on an LED Ticker Display.
- Click the Back button to save. This content item will be added to the bottom of your Ticker playlist.