The Sports content type allows you to display sports scores for games in the following sports leagues: NFL, NHL, MLB, NBA, Division 1-A College Football, and Division 1 Men’s College Basketball.
You can also stream content across a Ticker Display from a variety of other sources:
- Message (for custom text messages)
- Custom (from a json, xml, or html file)
Select the LED Ticker
- Login to ticker.risedisplay.com.
- Click the name of the LED Ticker you want to set up.
- Follow the steps below to add the type of content you want. The procedure for adding content is specific to the type of content being added.
Add sports content
- Click the Sports icon. A Sports item will be added to the bottom of the playlist for this Ticker Display.
- Click the Sports field and type a name to label this content item (e.g., College Football). This text does NOT appear on the display. It is used for making it easier for you to manage and organize the content you add.
- Click Sport Type to select the type of sports data to display (e.g., NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, College Football Division I-A, or Men’s College Basketball I.) The default is “All” (all types).
- For College sports, the default data to display is “AP Top 25”. Click College Sport to change this to “All Games.”
- By default, Game Odds are not displayed. Click the Display Game Odds button to display them.
- The default schedule for displaying the content is 24/7 (i.e., everyday, all day.) To customize the schedule, see Schedule Content for a Ticker Display. When in season, sports scores will update by 10:00 am EST with the day’s upcoming games. When out of season, the last game played (usually a championship) will appear.
- Click the Back button to save. This content item will be added to the bottom of your Ticker playlist.