The Twitter content type allows you to display tweets from an authorized account. You can show tweets from any @username or #hashtag.
You can also stream content across a Ticker Display from a variety of other sources:
- Message (custom text messages)
- Custom (from a json, xml, or html file)
Before you can display Twitter content, you must set up your Twitter connection from the Ticker settings for the Ticker Display you want to use, then you add the Twitter Content.
Setup Twitter connection
- Click the Cog icon next to the Ticker you want to use.
- Click the Twitter Connection field. By default, the Twitter Connection is “Not Authorized.” When set up, it is “Authorized.”
- Enter the Username or email and Password for the Twitter account you want to use, then click the Authorize app button.
- Click the Back button.
- Click on the name of the LED Ticker you Authorized.
- Add Twitter content following the steps below.
Add Twitter content
NOTE: You cannot add Twitter content until after you have setup the Ticker Display with an Authorized Twitter account.
- Click the Twitter icon. A Twitter item will be added to the bottom of the playlist for this Ticker Display.
- Click the Twitter field and type a name to label this content item (e.g., “Corporate Twitter” or “#digitalsignage”). This text does NOT appear on the display. It is used for making it easier for you to manage and organize the content you add and is particularly helpful if you setup Twitter for a Display with more than one account or hashtag.
- Click Tweets to customize the number of tweets to display (default is 5) and the color of tweets (default is white).
- Click Number of Tweets to select a number from the options available are 1, 3, 5, 10, 15, 20, 25, 30, 35.
- Click Tweets Color to change the color to display tweets. The colors available will be limited by the colors supported on the Ticker Display you are using.
- By default, Show Timestamp is set to “On”.
- To change it to “Off” click Show Timestamp then click the Show Timestamp button (e.g., blue is “On”, white is “Off”.)
- To select a color to display the content, click Show Summary then click Summary Color. Select a color or specify a Hex Code. Available colors are limited by the colors supported on your Ticker display.