The Google Calendar Widget can only be added when creating a presentation from a blank template.
Add the Google Calendar To A Presentation
- Open the Presentation you want to use.
- Click Add Placeholder to add a Placeholder item.
- Click More.
- In the Search bar on the Add Widget dialog, type Google Calendar Widget, then press Enter.
- Click on the Google Calendar Widget to open the Google Calendar Settings dialog.
Configure The Calendar Settings (in the Calendar Settings dialog)
- If you have not already done so, make the Google Calendar you want to use public and get its corresponding Calendar ID.
- In the Calendar ID field, paste the Calendar ID you copied from Google Calendar. Double check you have pasted the right text string and make sure there are no extra spaces.
- By default, the widget will show today’s completed events. Uncheck the box beside Show Today’s Completed Events if you don’t want to show them.
- Depending on the size of the Placeholder you create for this widget, and the amount of content you have in your Calendar, you may want to set the content to scroll onto the Display. By default the content will not scroll, i.e. the amount of content shown will be limited by the size of the Placeholder and will not change, regardless of how much content you have to show. If you select a scrolling option, Scrolling options are:
- Continuously: smoothly scrolls the content onto the Display item by item
- By page: shows one page of content on the Display, then replaces that page with a second page of different content
- Speed: this controls how fast/slow the content will scroll
- Pause: this allows you to control the time content items are shown before the next scroll occurs
- PUD Failover: this specifies the duration (in seconds) that the content should be shown for in the event that there’s insufficient content to scroll
- If you show Date: there are several date format options to choose from
- If you show Time: you can can choose the time format to use, e.g., 12 or 24 hour clock, and whether you want to show the end times for calendar events
- If you show Title, Location or Description fields, you can customize the font type and font style for each independently
How does Play Until Done work in the Google Calendar Widget?
When the Play Until Done duration is selected for the Google Calendar Widget, the calendar will scroll through all events completely, then move onto the next item in the content playlist.