With the Video Widget you can show videos in your Presentation.
Click here to see what video file types are supported.
NOTE: Rise Vision does not support 3rd party hosting of videos and images, due to reliability issues. If you are having issues with 3rd party hosted content, we strongly recommend to use Rise Vision Storage, which is available with all of our paid plans.
To use the Video Widget you need to add the widget to a Presentation by adding a Placeholder Item, then configure the settings for it.
Add the Video Widget to a Presentation
- Open the Presentation you want to use.
- Click Add Placeholder to add a Placeholder item.
- Click More.
- In the Search bar on the Add Widget dialog, type Video Widget, then press Enter. You may need to scroll down the list of widgets to find it.
- Click on the Video Widget to open the Video Settings dialog.
Configure the Video Settings
You configure the Video settings in the Video Settings dialog.
- Select the video you want to use. You have three options for selecting it:
- Single Video: to select one video file
- Folder of Video(s): to select a folder containing one or more videos. If selected all videos in the folder will show as part of this Placeholder Item
- Custom URL: to enter a URL for the video you want to use
Other Video Settings Available
(Optional) Configure any of the additional settings available, as required:
- Volume: this gives you control over the audio for the video. Note: this will have no effect if the sound on the Display is muted.
- Resume Playing from Last Position: when checked, If the Video is in a playlist with other content, and the Video is set to play for less time than the actual length of the video (say the video is 5 minutes long, and it’s set to play for 30 seconds), the Video will resume from where it left off instead of starting over when the Presentation cycles back to it in its playlist.
- Scale to Fit: when checked, the video will be automatically resized to fit the resolution of the Placeholder that contains it. If unchecked, videos may appear distorted or be cut-off when shown.
- Show video controls: when checked, the video controls, e.g., Play/Pause, etc., will be displayed along the bottom of the video in Preview mode and when shown on a Display.
- Auto Play Video on Startup: when checked, the video will play as part of the Presentation following Startup
- If Video is paused resume playing after X seconds (default is 5 sec): this allows you to control how long a video will stayed paused so you can minimize the display of a paused video