Once you’ve added a placeholder, you can add videos. Select the Placeholder, and click Video.
- Select the video you want to use. You have three options for selecting it:
- Single Video: to select one video file
- Folder of Video(s): to select a folder containing one or more videos. If selected all videos in the folder will show as part of this Placeholder Item
- Custom URL: to enter a URL for the video you want to use
Configure any of the additional settings available, as required:
- Volume: this gives you control over the audio for the video. Note: this will have no effect if the sound on the Display is muted.
- Resume Playing from Last Position: when checked, If the Video is in a playlist with other content, and the Video is set to play for less time than the actual length of the video (say the video is 5 minutes long, and it’s set to play for 30 seconds), the Video will resume from where it left off instead of starting over when the Presentation cycles back to it in its playlist.
- Scale to Fit: when checked, the video will be automatically resized to fit the resolution of the Placeholder that contains it. If unchecked, videos may appear distorted or be cut-off when shown.
- Show video controls: when checked, the video controls, e.g., Play/Pause, etc., will be displayed along the bottom of the video in Preview mode and when shown on a Display.
- Auto Play Video on Startup: when checked, the video will play as part of the Presentation following Startup
- If Video is paused resume playing after X seconds (default is 5 sec): this allows you to control how long a video will stayed paused so you can minimize the display of a paused video