The RVA application and the content types it supports - Gadgets and Items - are being discontinued (deprecated), therefore you will need to convert the content in these Presentations to the new supported content type called Content Widgets. Follow the steps below to replace the discontinued (deprecated) content with the supported Content Widgets.
You cannot convert a content type. You must delete the existing Content Gadget or Item from the Placeholder and then recreate it using the new Content Widget.
Here’s an example of how to do this for a Video Item
While the example below is for a Video Item, the process is similar for all content types.
STEP 1: Find and copy the link to the specific file you are using (in this case video file)
- Login to your Rise Vision account and open the Presentation containing the discontinued (deprecated) content, e.g. Video Item. When you open the Presentation a pop-up will appear notifying you that it is deprecated.
- Click “Open with Classic Editor.”
- Click the Placeholder containing the Gadget or Item, e.g., Video Item. On the Presentation it’s the large black box. Right click on this box and select Properties.
- Click the Video Item on the list and select the URL of the video file being loaded in this Item and copy it to your Clipboard.
- Delete the Gadget or Item from the Placeholder.
STEP 2: Recreate it using the new Content Widget
- Click the More button.
- In the Search bar on the Add Widget dialog, type Video Widget, then press Enter.
- Scroll down to locate the Video Widget (Free) and click to select it. The Video Settings dialog will open.
- Select the video file(s) you want to use:
- Click Single Video to upload or select a single video file
- Click Folder of Video(s) to upload or select a folder of video(s)
- Click Custom URL to paste the URL for the video you copied earlier.