Presentations are at the heart of Rise Vision. A Presentation is used to create and assemble the content that you want shown on your Displays - e.g., text, images, video, etc. You can create a Presentation by customizing a template, or you can jump right in and start from scratch with a blank Presentation. The easiest way to start is by customizing a template.
In this article we’re going to walk you through the steps to customize one of our most popular templates, the Full Screen Image Template.
Create a Presentation using the Full Screen Image Template
Select the Full Screen Image Template
- If you are not already on the Rise Vision Home page - apps.risevision.com - click Home.
- Click Start with this Template under Full Screen Image. The Presentation Editor will open displaying the template.
Rename the Presentation and customize the resolution of the Presentation
All templates have a default name. The default name for this template is "Copy of Simple Image”. You can change the name of the template to reflect the type of Presentation you are creating to make it easier for you and your team to locate the Presentation later.
In addition, all Templates are created with a default Display resolution of 1920x1080. If that matches the resolution of the Display that you are creating for, you don’t need to change anything! If your Display is a different resolution, you will want to customize the resolution to match that of the Display you are going to use.
- Click the Settings icon, or click the Presentation name to open the Presentation Properties dialog.
- In the Name field, type a name for the Presentation, e.g., “Lobby” or “Promotions”.
- In the Resolution field, click the drop-down and select the resolution that matches your Display.
- Click Apply to save your Resolution and close Presentation Properties.
Customize the template content with images you want to use
This template consists of one Placeholder that’s labelled “Image-Slideshow”, and that Placeholder contains a Playlist of five full-screen images that you can easily replace with images of your own to get up and running quickly.
When using full-screen images in a Presentation, the resolution of both the images and the Placeholder that contains them matters. If the images and/or the Placeholder are smaller or larger than the resolution of the Presentation, they may not show on your Display as you expect. If a Placeholder has a resolution larger than your Presentation, only a piece of that Placeholder will display. If a Placeholder has a resolution smaller then your Presentation, then only a portion of your Display will show content, and the rest will be blank. The Image Widget scales images to fit Placeholders by default, however if you’re using an image that is lower resolution than the Placeholder, the image will be stretched and may appear low quality.
Customize the content in the Placeholder
If you changed the resolution for this Presentation, then you will need to customize the resolution for the “Image-Slideshow” Placeholder to match it. However, if you did not change the resolution for the overall Presentation, you can skip this step and start at Step 4 below.
- Click on the Images-Slideshow Placeholder to access the Playlist of images it contains as well as the Placeholder Properties.
- If you changed the default resolution of the Presentation to match the resolution of the Display you are using, you will need to change the resolution of the full screen image Placeholder to match. However, if you did not change the resolution for the overall Presentation, you can skip this step and proceed to Step 4 below. Click on Properties to view the Placeholder Properties.
- In the Width and Height fields, type the same resolution you set for your Presentation. E.g. if your Display and Presentation resolution is 3840x2160, in the Width field type 3840, and in the Height field type 2160.
- Click Playlist to replace the template images with your own, i.e., the default images in the Placeholder.
- This Placeholder consists of five separate images. You will customize them one by one. Click First Image to open the Image Settings dialog.
- The current image used is titled "image-template-2.0/welcome-2.png". You can click Preview File to see what this image looks like.
Customize images by replacing default images with your own
You have three options for customizing the default image - by uploading a Single Image, a Folder of Images or by using a Custom URL for an image. We're going to walk through how to customize it by uploading a Single image.
- Click Single Image. When you click this the first time, you will be prompted to start a free trial for Rise Storage.
- Click Start Your Free Trial. This will allow you to upload your images files to Rise Vision Storage. Uploading media files to Rise Vision Storage makes them more accessible and convenient for you to access for use in a Presentation.
- To upload the image you want to use, click Upload Files.
- Select an image from your computer that you would like to use, and click Open. Your image will upload to Rise Storage.
- Select the image you just uploaded, and click Select.
- The image you selected will now be added to your Presentation. Repeat these steps for each image in the template.
Add or delete images
You are not limited to or restricted to the five images that are included with this template. You can easily add or delete images to use the number you want.
If you would like more than the five images included in this template, you will need to add additional Image Widgets to the Playlist. And if you would like less, you can delete those you don’t need.
Add an image
- Click Image.
- If you completed all the steps in the section “Customize images by replacing default images with your own”, you will have access to Rise Storage. Click Upload Files.
- Select the image from your computer that you want to use, and click Open. Your image will upload to Rise Storage.
- Select the image you just uploaded, and click Select.
- The image you selected will now be added to your Presentation.
- In the Playlist, click the Trashcan button next to the image you want to delete. Repeat this step for each image you want to delete.
Save changes, and Publish the Presentation to a Display
When you have finished creating the Presentation, you can save the changes you made, Preview the changes before sending to a Display and then when you are ready, Publish the Presentation to show it on a Display.
- Click Save & Preview to preview your Presentation and the changes you made.
- Click Save to save your changes.
- Click Publish to show the saved Presentation on a Display. NOTE: The Presentation will not show on a Display if you did not click Publish.
Once you have created a Presentation and saved and published it, you need to Add a Display for the Presentation to show on the Display. You can add a Display even if you don’t currently have a physical Display installed yet. That way when you do install a Display, everything will already be set up and the Presentation you just created will show on it.