The purpose of our peer review and compensation system is to;
- Provide compensation that is competitive with the market
- Publicly share what roles we have and what our min and max compensation is for those roles
- Know how well each of us is doing by having a peer review every 90 days
- Use peer reviews to have aligned understanding between the employee, their team lead and their peers, as to the employees performance
- Have agreement as to what continuous improvement actions the employee will take over the next 90 days
Our peer review and compensation applies to everyone who meets the following criteria whether they are on payroll in Canada or the US, or paid directly if they reside elsewhere in the world:
- We have committed to work with each other for the foreseeable future (there is no end date in mind)
- You hold a defined role and are paid according to the company’s salary ranges for the role you hold
- You committed to work during our regular hours and take vacation according to our vacation policy
- We have an Employment Agreement that confirms this relationship
If the above applies then we consider you to be an employee and as an employee you are entitled to Time Away, Profit Sharing, participation in our Buy Out Bonus, Expenses and if things are not working out and we let you go, Severance. Employees receive health benefits as provided for Canada, USA and International and retirement savings contributions.
All other relationships that don't meet the above criteria are considered to be independent contractors and they do not receive the above benefits and we typically define our arrangement with a Consulting Agreement.
How our peer review and compensation system works is an evolving process. Every 90 days we review the system to update our wages to reflect the latest market data and we solicit feedback and improvements from the entire company.