Using these instructions, you can create a Presentation for your Display using Content Widgets that are available in Rise Vision, Save & Preview that Presentation for review, and add it to a Schedule.
Create a blank Presentation
- In the navigation menu, click Presentations.
- Click Add Presentation +
- Click Blank. Rise Vision opens the blank Presentation in the Presentation Editor.
Update Presentation Properties
Rise Vision opens new blank Presentations with a preset name (New Presentation) and resolution (1920x1080).
Give the Presentation a descriptive name to make it easier for you and your team to know what content it contains. All new Presentations are created with a default resolution of 1920x1080. If the resolution of the Display you are going to use is different, you will need to change it before you start adding content.
- Click the Settings icon next to the Presentation name “New Presentation”.
- Modify the default settings
- In the name field, type a descriptive name for your Presentation, e.g. “Lobby” or “Promotions”.
- In the Resolution field, click the drop-down and select the resolution that matches your Display. Most Displays support a default resolution of 1920x1080, and this is our default Presentation resolution.
- Click Apply to save any changes.
Presentations use Placeholders to organize and control the layout of content on the Display. A Placeholder is a container for content, and it can be any size and at any position within your Presentation. A Placeholder can be fullscreen, or just take up a portion of the screen.
- Click Add Placeholder +.
- A blank Placeholder is added to the Presentation canvas.
- Click Properties.
- You can specify the size of the Placeholder using the Height and Width fields.
- If you want to show a full-screen image in this PLaceholder, change these fields to Width = 1920 and Height = 1080. Change Top(Y) and Left(X) both to 0 to align this PLaceholder with the lop left corner of your Presentation.
Add a Content Widget to your Placeholder
- Select the Placeholder you want to add content to.
- Click Playlist.
- Click the icon for the type of content you want to add. For this example, click the Image icon.
- Click the image that your want to show, then click Select.
- Now add another type of content to this placeholder, click the Text icon.
- Add the text that you want to display to the Text Settings window.
- Click Save to save the settings.
Set the duration each item in the Placeholder is shown for
If you have multiple Playlist Items in a Placeholder, you will want to tell the Presentation how long each content item should play for.
- Click the Duration icon next to the Content Widget you added to open the Edit Playlist Item dialog.
- If you have multiple Playlist Items in a Placeholder, you will want to tell the Presentation how long each content item should play for. In the Duration field, type the amount of time (in seconds) that you would like the content to appear. Since there are currently two pieces of content in this Placeholder (Image and Text) each one will display for 10 seconds. If there is only one piece of content in the Placeholder, the duration is ignored and that content is always shown.
Instead of specifying a duration for your content to show, some Widgets support will automatically tell the placeholder to move onto the next piece of content once it has completely played. More information is available in our article about Play Until Done.
Save & Preview your Presentation
You can Preview your Presentation in a new browser tab to see what your new Presentation looks like before assigning it to a Display.
- Click Save & Preview.
- A new browser tab opens and your Presentation Preview appears in that tab. When you finish previewing, close this tab to be brought back to the Presentation Editor.
Show your Presentation on a Display
- Go to http://schedules.risevision.com
- Click the name of the Schedule that your Display is currently assigned to.
- Click the trash can icon to remove the currently assigned Presentation.
- Click Add Playlist Item +
- Click the name of the Presentation that you just created from scratch.
- Click Save.
That's it! You now know the basics of creating a Presentation from scratch. Now you can add other Content Widgets or take a look at our article on how to Publish a Presentation that you’ve changed.