What is Rise Player?
Rise Player is a web based application you install on a Media Player (a dedicated computer) that is connected to the physical screen used to show your digital signage content. When Rise Player starts it will connect to Rise Vision, get its content, then show it on your screen.
Rise Player is free to use on an unlimited number of Displays and comes loaded with the features that make it easy for you to manage your digital signage.
- Display Status: Verify if your Display is online or offline and when it last connected.
- Auto Upgrade: Automatically upgrade to the latest version of Rise Player
- Nightly Reboot: Control when your Media Player reboots and installs new versions of Rise Player.
- Rise Cache: Store image and video files locally to reduce bandwidth.
- Display Screenshot: Verify what your Display is showing remotely.
- Restart Rise Player: Remotely restart Rise Player
- Reboot Media Player: Remotely reboot your Media Player
- Watchdog. A monitor built into Rise Player that ensures your content is always showing.
- System Information: Verify the local IP Address, MAC Address and Operating System of your Media Player
What is Rise Player Professional?
Rise Player Professional is a premium upgrade to Rise Player. You can view pricing for Rise Player Professional on our pricing page. Upgrading to Rise Player Professional allows you to start and show your content when the Media Player is offline. Unlike Rise Player which requires a internet connection, as long as your content has been loaded at least once and assuming the content doesn’t rely on real time data feeds for things like weather, your content will always be shown. We refer to this as Offline Play.
In addition to Offline Play, Rise Player Professional is a framework that allows us to add new features that are not possible with Rise Player. Some of the features currently under consideration:
- Notifications if a Display has failed
- Power management to reduce electricity consumption
- User access for remote troubleshooting and repair
- Update Rise Player to use your branding
Let us know what features you think we should add next to Rise Player Professional by completing this two minute survey.
How do I upgrade to Rise Player Professional
You can start your free 30 day trial or subscribe one or more Displays anytime from the Displays Page.
In order to be eligible for Rise Player Professional, you must be running Rise Player version, RisePlayerElectron 2017.07.17.20.21 or higher. How to verify the Rise Player version.