A Sub-Company is a company that is nested under a primary Rise Vision Company. A user in the primary Company (or Parent Company) has access to all Sub-Companies nested below it, while a user in a Sub-Company only has access to that Sub-Company and those nested under that Sub-Company.
Here's a quick video describing how to create and manage Sub-Companies, as well as a common use case for Sub-Companies:
Do Sub-Companies have access to the same Presentations as their Parent Company?
No. Sub-Companies only have access to their own Presentations, however, they do have access to any Presentation Templates created by the Parent Company that are shared with them. See How do I copy an presentation to my Sub-Companies for details on how to share your Parent Company Presentations with Sub-Companies.
Do Sub-Companies have access to the same Displays and Schedules as their Parent Company?
No. Sub-Companies need to have their own Displays and Schedules created. Displays and Schedules cannot be shared between Sub-Companies.
How can I make an existing Company a Sub-Company?
- Log into apps.risevision.com using the Company that you want to make a Sub-Company.
- Click your Profile icon in the top right, then select “Company Settings”, and copy the Authentication Key.
- Log out of that company, and now log into apps.risevision.com using the Company that you want to be the Parent Company of the Sub-Company.
- Click your Profile icon in the top right, then select “Add Sub-Company”. Select “Move a Company Under Your Company” and provide the Authentication Key copied in step 2.
- Click “Retrieve Company Details” and confirm that the Authentication Key you provided is for the correct company. If all looks correct, click “Move Company”.
Can I add a Sub-Company to a Sub-Company?
Yes! A Sub-Company of your Parent Company can also have Sub-Companies! This is especially useful if your organization has a corporate structure that includes individual locations located under regions.