If you have recently upgraded one or more of your Displays to Rise Player Professional, or started the 30 day trial, we recommend you review this article to ensure you get the most out of your upgrade.
How to apply Player Professional to your display
You will need to assign a Rise Player Professional license to each Display.
- Navigate to store.risevision.com and click Sign In in the top right.
- Click “Account” in the top left.
- Scroll down the page to “Subscriptions”.
- Find the Subscription for Rise Player Professional, click “Details”.
This will open the product details. Click the button just below the description labeled “Select Display(s)”
- A browser window will open that asks you to select quantity and Displays. Select the Displays you want to assign Rise Player Professional licenses to by clicking it’s checkbox, and click “Apply”.
Once you have applied the Rise Player Professional licenses, you will need to reboot the Media Players to update or wait for their scheduled reboot.
Verify that your Display has upgraded
You can verify that your Display is upgraded to Rise Player Professional by checking the Player Version published on your Display Settings Page. If you see “Professional” following the the version number, as shown in the example below, your Display is upgraded.
RisePlayerElectron 2017.07.11.14.40 Professional
If you do not see “Professional” following Player Version, your Display has not yet updated, but will do so on its next scheduled reboot. If you do not want to wait, you can manually restart by selecting “Restart Rise Player” from your Display Settings Page.
Once Rise Player has restarted and reported the upgrade was successful, the Player Version shown on your Display Settings will be updated.
The Display Control feature of Rise Player Professional allows you to automatically turn your Display on or off according to the Schedule it is assigned to allowing you to conserve electrical usage and extend the life of your hardware.
See the article Display Control Overview for more information on supported hardware, operating systems, and configuration.
Build Presentations that are Offline Play compatible
When you create a Presentation make sure you’re using Widgets that are Offline Play compatible otherwise all your content may not show when your Display starts offline. If your Display starts with no internet access, only Widgets optimized for Offline Play will be displayed.
The following Widgets are optimized for Offline Play:
- Video Widget
- Image Widget
- Text Widget
- Time and Date Widget
- Google Spreadsheet Widget
- RSS Widget
- Web Page Widget*
- Embedded Presentation
Build an Offline Play compatible Web Page
* In addition to the Widgets above, Rise Player Professional is fully capable of starting and showing web pages offline using the Web Page Widget! The Polymer platinum-sw suite of web components can enable your web page to be Offline Play compatible. Check out our and use this demo web page as a guide.
If web development isn’t your thing, or if you just don’t have the time, we can help! Get in touch with us and let’s talk about what you’re looking to create.
Take advantage of the free Presentation Templates
Free Templates built with Offline Play compatible Widgets are an easy and fast way to get great looking content showing on your Display. You can check them out in the Store.