Want to Contribute to the Rise Vision Blog?
Please take some time to review this entire page -- it should answer any question you have about what kind of content we're looking for and how everything works.
The Blog’s Objective
The purpose of the Rise Vision blog is to create interesting and educational posts that teach our readers something about the world of digital signage and/or answer popular questions. This means that every post should give actionable advice or a key takeaway that a reader can use either with Rise Vision, or to help them understand how digital signage can help them meet their communication goals. The blog exists to drive organic traffic and drive traffic to other parts of the website through the use of CTA’s/links.
Different Post Types We Prefer
We all need to make sure that our content meets one or more of these three criteria:
- The reader is SEARCHING for it.
This is ideal for driving organic traffic to the website. People are searching for terms/long tail keywords in Google, we rank for them, and they end up on our website because of this. Example: Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi.
- The reader can DO something.
It’s practical. There are steps they can take. Actionable posts lend themselves to list formats, which makes a post more scannable and reader-friendly. Example: 101 Digital Signage Content Ideas.
- The reader LEARNS something.
If you want to teach something, you need supporting evidence, facts, and visual aids. Examples: Tutorial: Digital Signage on the Raspberry Pi, How to Use Color Theory in Digital Signage, Case Studies.
Picking a Topic
Once you have your topic, do a quick search of the blog (www.risevision.com/blog) and make sure the topic has not already been covered. Once you have an idea for a blog post, create a card, tag Danica and if she is good with the topic, go ahead and write your post.
Tone and Language
Our tone is helpful and casual, yet still professional. We avoid the use of buzzwords, industry jargon and internal language that is only understood by internal employees at Rise.
- Each post must links to at least 3 internal webpages (Help Center, other related blog post, webpages on the website)
- Each post must link to at least 1 external source (data sources, references etc), from websites that are not direct competitors
- You must include 1 image and/or video (can be an existing video we have) per post, or at least include ideas for pictures you would like to be added
- We will take care of adding Calls to Action within the post, so there’s no need to worry about that
- Use subheadings within the post body to organize your content. (Bonus points if they are SEO friendly)
- Use shorter paragraphs and bullet points to make it easier to read
How to Submit Your Post
When your blog post is done, do a thorough edit it and make sure there are no spelling/grammatical errors. Tag Danica on the card and she will do a final edit and let you know if any elements are missing so you can make the appropriate changes.
Quick Checklist of Criteria
When your post is ready, make sure to check if any of the elements below are missing:
- Topic addresses a question or pain point for customers
- Topic has not been covered in the past
- Tone is friendly, casual, helpful, no internal language used
- Use of subheadings
- Use of bullet points and/or lists
- Minimum of 500 words
- 3 internal links
- 1 external link
- At least 1 image and/or video