To show Youtube’s automatic captions when embedded outside of their website, some extra steps are required to force captions to automatically be “On” when the video is loaded. This will enable automatic captions everywhere the video is viewed, not just on Rise Vision.
In order to follow these steps, you must be the owner of the Youtube video you would like to enable captions for.
Here’s a quick video going over the process:
- Log into the Youtube channel that owns the video.
- Click on your user icon on the top right and choose Channel Studio.
- Click on the video you want to enable captions for.
- At the bottom of the options, click on “Show more”.
- Scroll down to “Tags” and add the following tag: yt:cc=on
- Click Save.
Captions will now be forced on for the video every time the video is loaded, including when it’s loaded on your Rise Vision display.