The Rise Vision Media Player is a high-performance digital signage media player built for education and commercial use. It is available only from Rise Vision as a Hardware as a Service (HaaS) subscription.
The Rise Vision Media Player reduces your hardware costs and makes it simple to purchase your digital signage software and hardware in one place. The media player is completely managed and supported by Rise Vision, so you can focus on the message you're communicating, not the technology to deliver it.
What does the subscription include?
As a fully-managed Hardware-as-a-Service device, the Rise Vision Media Player subscription includes a level of service not available with any other media player:
- A powerful, purpose-built device managed and maintained by the Rise Vision Support team. Plug the device in, connect it to the internet, and we’ll take it from there with patch management and security.
- Hardware and software support. If there’s a problem with the device, we will use remote access to troubleshoot and fix the problem. If we can’t fix the device remotely, we’ll send you a replacement.
- Upgrades at regular intervals. When your hardware is due to be upgraded, we’ll let you know and send you replacements.
How do I set up the Rise Vision Media Player?
To simplify setup, we recommend you do first-time setup in a place that's easy to access, like at a desk with a monitor. Once you've set things up, you can move the media player to its intended location without needing to do any additional configuration.
- Connect the Rise Vision Media Player to a monitor using the supplied HDMI cable.
- Prepare the device to connect to the Internet.
- If you will be using an Ethernet connection, connect an Ethernet cable now.
- If you will be using a Wireless connection, connect the supplied WiFi antenna, and connect a USB mouse and keyboard to the black USB ports on the front of the device. Do not use the blue USB port.
- Connect the supplied power cable to the Rise Vision Media Player. The device will turn on automatically and launch the Rise Vision Player application.
- If you are connecting with WiFi, use a connected USB mouse and keyboard to configure the Wireless connection. (if you are using an Ethernet connection, skip to step 5 below.)
- Click on "Open Network Settings".
- Select the desired wireless network.
- If your wireless network requires a password, type it in the provided field and hit the Enter key.
- Once the wireless network is connected, click on the back arrow on the top-left of the screen to return to the Rise Vision Player application.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your display.
- In any web browser on another device, go to risevision.com/activate.
- Log into your Rise Vision account.
- Give your display a name and type in the 5-character activation code.
- Click “Save” to activate the display.
- Now that your device is activated, you can disconnect the USB mouse and keyboard.
- Install the media player in its intended location. First connect the HDMI cable to the TV, then connect the power cable to the wall outlet. Your content should start playing automatically.
Frequently Asked Questions
What subscription terms are available?
The Rise Vision Media Player is available in 12 or 36 month subscriptions.
Does the Rise Vision Media Player include a display license?
The Rise Vision Media Player is an add-on subscription, you’ll need to purchase your display licenses or unlimited license separately.
What if I want to purchase additional Rise Vision Media Players during my current subscription term?
You can easily add media players at any time and we will ensure your billing dates align. When you add media players you pay for the full 12 or 36 month term upfront and the extra payment is added as a credit to your account and applied to your renewal invoice. If you don’t renew, you lose the credit.
For example, let's say you have an annual subscription, and in month six, you add an extra media player. You will be required to pay for one full 12-month subscription upfront. Out of that, six months' worth will be added as a credit to your account. When your subscription is up for renewal, the credit will be applied to reduce the cost of your next term.
What happens when my subscription runs out?
At the end of a subscription term, you have a couple different options:
- Your plan can automatically be extended for another 12 or 36 months
- If you decide not to renew, simply box up your players and return them to us
Does the Rise Vision Media Player subscription include content management?
Rise Vision does not provide content management services. With the Rise Vision Media Player we will ensure the media player software is up to date, provide remote technical support, replace the media player if there’s an issue, and refresh it regularly.
Who is responsible for installing the Rise Vision Media Player?
You’ll install the plug-and-play Rise Vision Media Player. Simply connect the media player to your display, power, internet, and Rise Vision account to start using it immediately.
When does my media player get refreshed?
Rise Vision will refresh your media player hardware any time after 5 years.
What is the expected lifespan?
The Rise Vision Media Player is expected to last for 5 years.
Is there a free trial?
We know you’ll love the Rise Vision Media Player! Contact us to purchase your first media player and if for some reason the Rise Vision Media Player does not live up to your expectations in the first 30 days of using it, you can return the player to us and we will refund you your full purchase.
Do I own the Rise Vision Media Player?
Rise Vision owns the Rise Vision Media Player. A subscription to the Rise Vision Media Player gives you predictable low costs and makes budgeting easier. And you can easily scale your digital signage network. Add media players whenever necessary, and don’t worry about sunk hardware costs.
What’s included in the box with the media player?
Included with the Rise Vision Media Player are a 12V power cable, an HDMI cable and a wireless antenna.
Is the media player available outside of the United States?
The Rise Vision Media Player is only available in the United States.
How long does it take to receive my Rise Vision Media Player?
Shipping time is typically 1 week from the date of your purchase.
Is shipping included or do I have to pay for shipping?
Shipping is included with the Rise Vision Media Player, you don’t need to pay for it.
Does Rise Vision have remote access?
Yes, Rise Vision has remote access to manage the media player.
Does the Rise Vision Media Player support dual output?
The Rise Vision Media Player supports mirroring the content on two displays.
Does the Rise Vision Media Player support all of the Rise Vision features?
The Rise Vision Media Player supports all features such as; restart, reboot, screen capture, etc… It does not currently support Remote Display Management (Display Control via RS232 or CEC).
Does the Rise Vision Media Player support Power-over-Ethernet?
PoE is not natively supported, but can be used with a PoE splitter like this one from Amazon.
Is this a proprietary media player?
The Rise Vision Media Player is not a proprietary media player, it runs Android 11.
What are the network requirements for the Rise Vision Media Player?
You can see all of the network requirements for the Rise Vision Media Player here.
Who is responsible for connecting the media player to the network?
The customer is responsible for connecting the Rise Vision Media Player to their network, including any advanced configuration to support a static IP address, connecting through a proxy server, etc.
In the event of a network issue, you are responsible for any issue “outside the media player”. If a network issue is specific to the Rise VIsion Media Player we are using (e.g., the problem is “inside the media player”), then we will help you solve the issue.
Does the Rise Vision Media Player include onsite service?
The Rise Vision Media Player does not include onsite support. We will provide you with phone, emails, and remote desktop support to help you get your Rise Vision Media Players back online.
What is the replacement policy?
The Rise Vision Media Player subscription keeps the players in your digital signage network working at all times. If a media player fails, we’ll send you a replacement, all you’ll need to do is connect it to your display and account.
Please contact Rise Vision Support (email@example.com) to receive technical support and if necessary coordinate your replacement.
What happens if I break the Rise Vision Media Player?
If you break or lose the Rise Vision Media Player we will invoice you the full cost for the replacement. The Rise Vision Media Player has a Kensington Security Slot so that you can protect the device from theft.
Can other applications be installed on the Rise Vision Media Player?
You are not permitted to enroll the Rise Vision Media Player into your device management system or install other applications. If you try to install other applications or tamper with the software or hardware we will not be able to support you and will bill you for the full cost of the media player.
What kind of remote device management features are available?
We handle all of the remote device management so you don’t need to.
What is the return and cancellation policy?
If for some reason the Rise Vision Media Player does not live up to your expectations in the first 30 days of using it, you can return the player to us and we will refund you your full purchase.
Any cancellations after the first 30 days will take effect at the end of your current subscription term and will require you to return the player to us within 30 days of your subscription ending.
Rise Vision will continue to invoice you until we receive your Rise Vision Media Players. If the media players get reported lost or arrive back damaged, we’ll invoice you for any damages.
Please contact Rise Vision Support (firstname.lastname@example.org) to coordinate your return.
Can my existing devices get the same services as the Rise Vision Media Player?
The services are only available for the subscription Rise Vision Media Player.