Windows 10 is notorious for displaying update popups that can disrupt Presentations running on Displays. To prevent this from happening, you can enable scheduled updates so these popups do not occur during active hours. You will need to connect a keyboard and mouse to your Windows 10 media player to complete the following steps to enable scheduled updates.
NOTE: This guide only applies to media players running Windows 10 Professional edition. Windows 10 Home edition does not include the required tools.
- Open the Windows 10 start menu, type gpedit.msc, and click the icon to open it.
- In the Computer Configuration section expand Administrative Templates > Windows Components. Open the Windows Update category.
- Once you've opened up the Windows Update category, double-click the Configure Automatic Updates icon.
- In the top left section of the window select Enabled. Under Configure Automatic Updates: choose option 4 - Auto download and schedule the install. Now choose a Scheduled install time (we recommend 1:00am). Scroll down and enable the Install updates for other Microsoft products option. Click Apply.
- Reboot your media player to finish the process.