Add the Twitter Widget to a Presentation
- Open the Presentation you want to use.
- Click Add Placeholder to add a Placeholder item.
- Click More.
- In the Search bar on the Add Widget dialog, type Twitter Widget, then press Enter.
- Click on the Twitter Widget to open the Twitter Settings dialog.
Configure the Twitter Widget Settings
- Click “Connect your Twitter account to use the Twitter Widget”
- Enter your Twitter credentials in the popup and click Sign In.
- In the Username field enter the Username you’d like to show Tweets from.
- Click Save.
If the popup doesn't show up for you you'll need to allow popups for the Rise Vision website, to do that, follow the instructions here.
Can I use the Twitter Widget on ChromeOS?
Unfortunately the Twitter Widget does not currently work on ChromeOS, but offering Twitter Templates that work on ChromeOS is on our near term roadmap. While we work on it some options that may work for you are:
- Using the Twitter HTML code to embed your timeline in the HTML Widget: https://help.twitter.com/en/using-twitter/embed-twitter-feed
- Using a tool like https://socialmediawall.io/ or https://www.powr.io/ and embedding them in the HTML Widget or Web Page Widget.
- Or using a paid service like https://www.screenfeed.com/, https://walls.io/, or https://www.strea-ma.com/ and embedding them in the HTML Widget or Web Page Widget.
How many Tweets will the Twitter Widget show?
The Twitter Widget will play through your 25 most recent Tweets.
How long will each Tweet show for?
Each Tweet will show for 10 seconds.
How does Play Until Done work in the Twitter Widget?
When the Play Until Done duration is selected for the Twitter Widget, the widget will play through 25 Tweets completely, then move onto the next item in the content playlist.
What layouts does the Twitter Widget support?
The Twitter Widget supports the 16:9, 9:16 and 4:3 aspect ratio.
Why don’t I see my Tweets in Preview?
The Twitter Widget will only show your Tweets when it is used on a Display, in Preview it will show sample Tweets from the Rise Vision Twitter account.
I am not seeing anything in the Editor or Preview?
The Twitter Widget is optimized to work best on a dark background like black. We suggest adding a background color or image to see your tweets.
Why don’t I see my Tweets on my Display?
If you're playing the Twitter Widget on a Licensed Display and the Tweets aren't showing up restart the display and they will show up. If that does not work please contact our support team.