Fresh Eyes is a process we use internally as an opportunity to shift our perspective from creator to consumer so that we can experience the same friction points that our Users may experience. Our Product Owners will go through this process once per month on a rotation basis (sign up here), and New Hires will go through the process as part of their onboarding.
Forget everything you may already know about Rise Vision - your perspective should be of a new User that is trying Rise Vision for the first time. Here are a few guiding questions to think about as you review:
- Were there areas of the website, help center, or app where you were confused?
- Did everything work as expected?
- Was the UX unclear?
- Were there typos or grammar mistakes?
- Did it take too many steps to accomplish a task?
- Are there steps where changing the default configuration could be a solution?
- Were the onboarding messages sent at the right times?
- Did the onboarding messages include relevant information?
- Was the help center content up to date?
- After reading a help center article ask:
- Did the article inform you how to use the product?
- Did the article tell you how to verify that the product is functioning?
- Did the product work?
Here’s what we’d like you to do and review:
- Search for digital signage software and led ticker
- Review the www.risevision.com and www.risedisplay.com websites
- Create a Rise Vision Account with a personal email address, an email address that you will check and read email from. We want you to review and comment on all of the onboarding messages we send. if you’ve already signed up with that account before you’ll need to remove your original user.
- Make up a theme like a promotion for a flower shop, or an announcements board for a university and then create a Presentation for it.
- Once your Presentation is complete put it on a Display or if you don’t have one a virtual machine.
- Read through the Getting Started documentation and any other pertinent areas of the Help Center.
When you’re done share the document with the Operations, Growth, Marketing, Apps, Content, and Delivery Product Owners, the UX designers, and the eLearning Specialist.