Rise Player for Chrome OS is only supported on chrome managed devices that are assigned to a chrome policy according to these instructions. For more information about chrome device management please see, about chrome device management.
Important: Kiosk mode is required for Rise Player to run correctly on Chrome OS. Chromebooks are not supported, and some devices can't use Kiosk mode due to Chrome OS's expiration policy. View this list to see if your device is supported.
To set up your chrome organizational unit, please follow these steps:
- Log into your domain at admin.google.com, and click on Organizational units:
- Click the Create new organization unit button to create a new organizational unit:
- Enter the name of your organizational unit, a description, and if you have more than 1, select the parent organizational unit. In most cases, this will be your domain:
- Now that your organizational unit has been created, you need to set up the device settings for all devices enrolled in this organizational unit. Go back to the home page in your domain, and select Devices:
- In the left menu of the Devices page, select Chrome devices:
- From Chrome devices, click on the Chrome link at the top left of the page:
- This will open the Chrome Management page, and from here, select Device settings:
- In the Device settings, go to the Sign-in settings section, and set the following:
- Guest mode to “Disable guest mode”
- Sign-in restriction to “Allow any user to sign in”
- User data to “Do not erase local user data”
- In the Kiosk settings section, click the “apps & extensions” page to add the Rise Player app:
- On this page, this is where you will install the actual Rise Player, and set it to auto launch. In the bottom right, select “Add chrome app or extension by ID, and enter this ID: mfpgpdablffhbfofnhlpgmokokbahooi
- Once the Rise Player has been added, set that app to Auto-launch:
- Back in the Kiosk settings section, set the Managed guest session to “Do not allow managed guest sessions”
- Back in the Device update settings section, set the Auto-update settings to “stop auto-updates”, and in the Kiosk-controlled updates, set that to “Allow Kiosk app to control OS version”.
Once your Organizational Unit and Device Policy have been defined you can setup your Displays with the following steps:
- Enroll your Chrome device. You can find instructions here if you're not sure how.
- Assign your Chrome device to the Organizational unit you just created.
- When your Chrome devices have picked up the policy Rise Player will be started. When prompted by Rise Player, enter your display ID.
NOTE: The following features or capabilities are not yet supported on Rise Player for Chrome OS.
- Display Control
- Twitter Widget