NOTE: These are the instructions to install the Beta version of Rise Player for Chrome OS.
If you encounter a problem using Rise Player on Chrome OS please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org along with a description of the problem you are having and any supporting information that will help us correct it.
Rise Player for Chrome OS is only supported on Chrome managed devices that are assigned to a Chrome policy according to these instructions. For more information about Chrome device management please see, About Chrome device management.
Setup Chrome device policy
Creating a policy is how you configure Chrome devices to run to Rise Player in Kiosk mode. Once you have created the policy, any device assigned to it will automatically install Rise Player and be configured to start when the device is powered on or restarted.
Create Organizational Unit
Go to Manage Organizational units and add a new Organizational unit called Rise Vision Digital Signage.
Create Device Policy for Organizational Unit
- Go to Device Management and select Device settings
- Select the Organizational unit Rise Vision Digital Signage on the left side of the page.
- Configure the policy by setting the respective value for each setting below. If a setting from the policy is not shown below you can use the default values provided.
- Sign-in Settings
- Guest Mode: set to “Do not allow guest mode”
- User Data: set to “Do not erase all local user data”
- Device Update Settings
- Auto Update: set to “Stop auto-updates”
- Kiosk Settings
- Kiosk Apps: Add Rise Player using the ID, lomneokodaoflgnkpkpdcgjlnibbgbai
- Public Session Kiosk: set to “Do not allow Public Session Kiosk”
- Auto-Launch Kiosk App: set to Rise Player
- Screen Rotation (Clockwise): set to “No policy set..."
- Allow kiosk app to Control OS version: set to "Allow kiosk app to control OS version"
- Sign-in Settings
Enroll devices and setup your Displays
Once your Organization unit and policy have been defined you can setup your Displays with the following steps