When to use Chrome Dev Console?
Chrome Dev Console can be used as a troubleshooting tool when there is some errors in content that look to be network related. This includes things like: black screen, white screen, missing content, incorrect content info, etc.
How To use Chrome Dev Console?
To use the Chrome Dev console follow these steps:
- Press ctrl+shift+. (period) while Rise Player is open
- It should bring up a pane on the side
- Make sure you are on the Console tab
- In this console you should see any warnings or errors. Typically there are always at least some warnings or errors, so just the existence of an error does not mean something is wrong. You can filter to only show errors like this:
- There can be multiple types of errors, some of them will be obvious. The most common error that shows something on the network may be blocked is “ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED”, specifically with any URLS in our Network Requirements
- There are many different errors that could show up, many of them will be warnings, or errors that can be ignored. If you are not sure what the errors mean be sure to save the errors to a file (right click -> save as on any of the errors will save all of them)