Every company can have 1 free display in their organization. A free display does not have access to all the features of Rise Vision. A comparison of Free and Licensed displays can be found here.
How do I set up content on a free display?
- Click "Schedules".
- Click "Add Schedule".
- Click on "Add Playlist Item", then choose "URL". Type the web page's address into the URL field, and click "Add".
- Select your free Display in the distribution.
- Click "Save". Your web page should now be showing on your free display!
Limitations of a free display
Free displays show their content from a web page, so there are a few important things to keep in mind:
- It has to be a web page you don’t have to log in to. Some pages require a password to access them. Since your free display has no way to enter a password, it won't work.
- Web pages won’t update automatically when they are changed. For example, if your web page features a list of events which are changed every hour, it won't update on your display until it restarts.
Frequently Asked Questions
My schedule is set up like in this article, but my display says "Missing License"
- Most commonly, this happens if you have emergency alerts are enabled on that display. We recommend either licensing your display or turning off emergency alerts by clicking on your username, clicking on "Alert Settings," and then turning off emergency alerts.
Why doesn't my web page appear on my display?
- Website owners can set restrictions on who can and can't embed their web page. Make sure you have the website owner's permission to use their content on Rise Vision.
Why isn't part of my web page working correctly?
- Troubleshooting a web page is hard, but here are a few tips to point you in the right direction:
- Make sure it works correctly in a web browser, like Google Chrome.
- In the Schedule, click the "Preview" button and see if it works there.
- In Rise Vision Player, open the console with
Ctrl + Shift + .(period) to view any errors the web page might have.