To show content on a screen using Rise Vision, you need to create a presentation. You can follow the three steps below every time you want to add content.
- Choose a template to start from.
- Customize the template with your own content.
- Publish the result as a presentation.
The video below will guide you through these 3 steps in detail.
Step 1: Choose a template to start from.
All content you add to Rise Vision starts from a template. You will be customizing the text and content in the next step, so don’t worry if the default text and content aren’t quite right.
- Log in at risevision.com and click on “Presentations” in the top menu.
- Click on the “Add Presentation” button to open the template gallery.
- For best results, filter the template gallery for the type of content that’s most important to your design. For example, if you’re featuring a photo, use the content filter for “Image”.
- Once you’ve found a template you like, click on the “plus” button to choose it.
- If you have brand settings configured, the template will be branded automatically. You will then see the editor where you can customize the template before publishing it.
Step 2: Customize the template with your own content.
Each presentation is made up of parts called components. All the components that make up your presentation are listed on the left.
Base components are part of the template you chose and can’t be moved or deleted, but they can typically be customized or even hidden. To customize a component, click on it in the list and follow the on-screen prompts.
To the right of the list of components, you can see a live preview of your presentation. In most cases, you can also click directly on components in the preview to customize them.
You can add new components by clicking on the “plus” button next to the component list. To learn more about adding and customizing components, check out this advanced article.
Step 3: Publish the result as a presentation.
Changes you make to your presentation are saved automatically, but they won’t appear on your display until you publish them.
Whenever you make a change, the message “Unsaved changes” will appear above the presentation preview. Once the changes are automatically saved, the message will change to “All changes saved” and you can Publish your presentation to send it to your display.
- Click on the “Publish” button on the top-right to finish customizing and publish your presentation.
- Click on the “select a schedule” drop-down to expand it.
- Click on the checkbox next to each schedule you would like the presentation to play in.
- Click “Select” to finish choosing schedules.
- Click on “Add” to finish publishing your presentation.
- The presentation will now play on all displays which are assigned the schedules you chose.
Presentations will appear on your displays according to the rules set in their schedules. Check out this article to learn more about schedules.