With the popularity of interactive flat panel displays (IFPDs) and collaboration displays, many schools are putting Rise Vision in every classroom. If you have an MDM tool, you can quickly and easily install Rise Vision across any number of devices by following the article below.
Here’s a quick video going over the process:
Group your devices before you begin
For the easiest installation and maintenance of the Rise Vision software, group your devices in your MDM tool. You can typically use tags or folders to group devices into a “Rise Vision” group. You should also name your devices so you can tell them apart. This will make the next steps much easier!
Add Rise Vision as a package to install
If you’re installing Rise Vision Player for the first time, you need to first add the installer to your MDM’s packages.
- In your MDM tool, open Repositories and then Packages.
- Click on the “+ Add New” button to add a new package.
- Use this link as the File URL:
- Name the package “Rise Vision Player”.
Deploy the package to your device group
These steps are the same to either install or update Rise Vision Player:
- Select a group of devices on which you’d like to install Rise Vision Player.
- In the Actions menu, click on Install Packages.
- Click the Rise Vision Player package you configured in the steps above, then click Apply.
- It may take a few minutes for all devices to install the Rise Vision Player app.
Activate and name your displays
Obtain activation scripts
For large-scale deployments, let us help you save time! Enrol and name all your devices in your management software, and then export a list of all the devices as a CSV file.
In general to do this in your MDM:
- Filter your device list for only the devices you want to use as Rise Vision displays.
- Select all the checkboxes for the devices.
- In the actions menu, choose "Export to CSV"
Send the CSV file with any other questions/requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The support team will add all your displays to your Rise Vision account for you, and send you a list of Display IDs to match the device list you sent. Each device will have an activation script that can be run in your MDM tool for easy activation.
Self-serve using a Claim ID
You can use your Claim ID to quickly and easily activate any number of Rise Vision displays.
To find your Claim ID:
- Log in at risevision.com.
- If you have sub-companies, make sure to select the sub-company the display will be in.
- Click your username on the top-right and then on “Company Settings”.
- Your Claim ID is near the bottom.
On each device:
- Use your MDM tool’s remote control feature to connect to the device.
- Launch the Rise Vision Player app to start first-time setup.
- You will be prompted to disable Chromecast. If you don’t plan on using Chromecast on this device, it’s recommended you follow the on-screen prompts to disable it. Otherwise, just click “Continue”.
- When you are prompted for a Display ID, click on “Use Claim ID”.
- Enter your Claim ID. It isn’t case-sensitive.
- Enter the name of the room or the area the display will be in, then click OK.
- After a brief countdown, your display will activate and start showing its scheduled content.