This thread is out of date. Please see our new announcement.
Over the last several months we’ve put an emphasis on trying to simplify our pricing and related licensing. The goal of these efforts are best described as;
- Offer a comprehensive Digital Signage product at one of the most competitive per Display prices in the industry.
- Make pricing easy to understand and easy for our Users to plan and grow a Digital Signage Network regardless if it’s a single Display or hundreds of Displays.
- Continue to offer a Free tier of functionality.
We’ve made the following changes to simplify our pricing and achieve these goals;
- Pricing is now based on how many Displays you need. That's it. Just one decision to make.
- The price per Display decreases as you add more Displays. Add more, save more.
- All features are included and the same across every paid plan. You get the same functionality regardless if you’re using one Display on a Starter plan or seventy Displays on an Enterprise plan.
- We continue to offer a Free tier that allows you to show Text, Image and Videos you host, RSS, Time & Date, and HTML on your Displays.
- We offer the flexibility to use a combination of Free Displays and Licensed Displays in planning out your Digital Signage Network.
- All details of our pricing can be viewed at https://www.risevision.com/pricing
Some of these important changes widely impact our existing Users. Specifically;
- Our unlimited image and video file storage (Rise Storage) is now part of a Display License. If you are using images or videos on a Display that are hosted on Rise Storage it will have to be a Licensed Display.
- Our Embedded Presentations product is now part of a Display License. Displays running Embedded Presentations will have to be a Licensed Display.
- Previously free Google Calendar, Google Sheets, and Web Page content widgets are now part of a Display License. If you are using these content widgets on a Display it will have to be a Licensed Display.
- We are very excited to announce that our premium content widgets are now part of a Display License. You no longer need to subscribe separately to each content widget. You can show Weather, News, YouTube, Google Photos, Instagram, Twitter, etc. on your Display as part of a Display License at no additional charge.
- We are also excited to announce you can share your Display Licenses across your sub-accounts versus having to have separate subscriptions for each account. Our account / sub-account hierarchy is an incredibly powerful feature that gives you the ultimate flexibility to organize your Digital Signage Network.
We understand these changes are significant for existing Users and we’re dedicated to helping make the transition as easy as possible. We’ll be giving everyone sufficient time to understand the changes before they go into effect as outlined below. We’ll also be reaching out to current subscribers to answer any questions.
Below are answers to some common questions you may have based on if and when you subscribed to one of our plans. Please note that if you have an LED Ticker or Financial Data subscription from Rise Vision the changes outlined above do not impact those specific subscriptions.
I was subscribed to either a Basic, Advanced, or Enterprise plan PRIOR to June 12, 2018, how does this impact me?
You can continue to use everything you currently have at the price you’re currently paying until your renewal after June 12, 2019. At that time, after June 12, 2019, the above changes will go into effect. We can also update your account at any time prior, upon your request, if you’d like to take full advantage of all the Display License features.
I subscribed to either a Starter, Basic, Advanced, or Enterprise plan AFTER June 12, 2018, how does this impact me?
The only change impacting you is that you can now use our premium content widgets as part of your Display Licenses and you no longer need to pay for them individually!
I’m not subscribed to any Starter, Basic, Advanced, or Enterprise plans but I’m subscribed to one or more premium content widgets, not LED Ticker or Financial Data from Rise Vision, how does this impact me?
You can continue to use everything you currently have at the price you’re currently paying until February 1, 2019. At that time the above changes will go into effect. Specifically each Display showing a premium content widget will have to be a Licensed Display.
I’m not subscribed to anything, I use the Free tier and I’m currently using either Google Calendar, Google Sheets, or the Web Page widget, how does this impact me?
We have not yet set a date for when the new licensing will go into effect for these specific widgets, however we’ll be providing 6 months notice before it does. This means you’ll have at least 6 months to make changes and updates to your Digital Signage Network.
How do I view my subscription details to determine the date I subscribed and my renewal date?
Instructions here on how to view your subscription details.
Post is closed for comments.