The Custom content type allows you to display custom content from a json, xml, or html file. For example, it could be used to display financial data with a custom layout such as custom ordering of individual Instruments, logos, or additional data for a feed such as record highs and lows.
You can also stream content across a Ticker Display from a variety of other sources:
Select the LED Ticker
- Login to ticker.risedisplay.com.
- Click the name of the LED Ticker you want to set up.
- Follow the steps below to add the type of content you want. The procedure for adding content is specific to the type of content being added.
Add Custom content
- Click the Custom icon. A Custom item will be added to the bottom of the playlist for this Ticker Display.
- Click the Custom field and type a name to label this content item (e.g., “Top 10 Gainers” or “Top 10 Losers”). This text does NOT appear on the display. It is used for making it easier for you to manage and organize the content you add.
- To specify the data source for the you need to select the Item type, then specify the URL for the location of that data:
- Click Item type, then click to select the source for the content - e.g., a json, xml or html file.
- Click Data URL, then type or paste the URL for the data file selected.