Rise Vision Alerts provides the ability for a Rise Vision Company to receive emergency alerts from a 3rd party Common Alert Protocol provider, such E2Campus or Rave, and immediately show them across any or all of your Displays.
Step 1: Create an Alerts Presentation
We have already set up an Alert Presentation for you, it’s simply a white screen with a red border. You can add this Presentation to your Company for free.
- Navigate to https://apps.risevision.com/
- Click “Presentations” at the top of your screen.
- Click the “Shared Templates”.
- Select the Presentation titled, “Alert Presentation”.
- The Alerts Template will open in Editor. Feel free to change the name, but we recommend not making further changes unless you fully understand how the Presentation is built to show the fields Headline, Description and Instruction from an Alert.
- If you renamed the Presentation, click Save. If you didn’t, then this Presentation has already been saved to your Company.
Step 2: Enable Alerts for Your Company
- Click your profile icon in the top right of the Presentation Editor.
- Select “Alert Settings”.
- Review the Terms and Conditions, and accept them if you agree by checking the “I accept the terms and conditions.” box.
- Select the button “Turn On Alerts” located at the top right of the page.
Step 3: Create a Filter for which Alerts are shown your Displays
By default, no filters are defined and all Alerts will be displayed. If you would like to specify what Alerts appear on your Displays, click Show Filters.
Leave the Sender, Handling, and Code fields blank. The remaining options are in checkbox form. If a checkbox is unchecked, that means an alert of that type will not be accepted and displayed. You should uncheck any types of Alerts that you do not want to display.
- Status: Determines that status types that you will allow to be displayed. For example, if you uncheck Draft, Test, System, and Exercise, only Actual Alerts will be displayed.
- Category: Determines the types of categories you allow to be displayed. For example, if you only check Meteorological, only weather related events will be displayed.
- Urgency: Determines what Alerts will be shown based on urgency. For example, if Immediate and Expected are checked, events with a Future or Past status will not be displayed.
- Severity: Determines what Alerts will be shown based on severity. For example, if Extreme and Severe are checked, Moderate, Minor, and Unknown events will not be displayed.
- Certainty: Determines what Alerts will be shown based on certainty. For example, if Observed and Likely are checked, Possible, Unlikely, and Unknown will not be displayed.
Step 4: Specify what text to show
The next three checkboxes allow you to determine the type of information shown for the alert. Headline, Description, and Instruction. You should uncheck any type of text you do not want to display.
Step 5: Select your Alerts Presentation
- Click the Presentation field.
- Select the Alerts Presentation that you created in Step 1 of this guide. If you didn’t rename your Presentation that you created in step 1, search for “Alert” and click “Copy of Alert Presentation”. If you did rename it, search for the name of the Presentation that you setup in step 1.
Step 6: Select what Displays Alerts will appear on
By default, all Displays in your Company are selected to show all Alerts. If you would like to specify which Displays will show alerts, uncheck “Select All Displays” and select the Displays that you would like Alerts to appear on.
Step 7: Set an expiration on Alerts
The Default Expiry field will allow you to determine how long Alerts will display. The default value is 5 minutes, but you can set any duration in minutes that you prefer. After expiration, your default Rise Vision Schedule will resume.
Step 8: Provide your Rise Vision Web Service URL to your third party provider
The Web Service URL field contains the URL string that you will need to provide to your Alerts provider. This field can be reset to a new string, but it cannot be customized. This is a PRIVATE URL and should not be shared publicly. If you have have questions about adding this URL to your 3rd party alert provider, you should contact their support team.