You can setup your account to receive emergency alerts from any service that supports CAP (Common Alerting Protocol), such as Punch Alert, E2Campus, Rave, Alertus, and configure those alerts to immediately show on any or all of your Displays.
If you don't have a service currently and want to try one out we have partnered with Punch Alert to provide you with 3 free licenses.
The following instructions step you through how to setup your account.
Step 1: Add the 'CAP Alert Warning' Template.
We've created a CAP Alert Warning Template that you can add to your account and use to show your alerts.
- Login to your account at https://apps.risevision.com/
- Choose “Presentations” from the top menu.
- Choose "Add Presentation +"
- Search for the "CAP Alert Warning" Template and add it to your account.
- The Template will open and appear blank. Don't worry, thats expected. Save and Preview it to see what it will look like.
- When you preview the Template you will see text that says %HEADLINE%, %DESCRIPTION%, and %INSTRUCTION%. This is expected. These are the "merge" fields that will be populated by the information received from your alert service. This is discussed more below in Step 4.
Step 2: Turn on Alerts in your account.
- Click your name in the upper right
- Choose “Alert Settings”.
- Review the Terms and Conditions and accept them by checking “I accept the terms and conditions.”
- Choose “Turn On Alerts” located in the top right.
Step 3: Configure which Alerts are shown on your Displays.
You can configure what types of alerts are shown on your Displays by choosing "Show Filters" and configuring what you want to see. By default all alerts are shown.
Important - Leave the Sender, Handling, and Code fields blank.
The remaining options are in checkbox form. If a checkbox is unchecked, that means an alert of that type will not be displayed. You should uncheck any types of alerts that you do not want to display.
- Status: Determines that status types that you will allow to be displayed. For example, if you uncheck Draft, Test, System, and Exercise, only Actual Alerts will be displayed.
- Category: Determines the types of categories you allow to be displayed. For example, if you only check Meteorological, only weather related events will be displayed.
- Urgency: Determines what Alerts will be shown based on urgency. For example, if Immediate and Expected are checked, events with a Future or Past status will not be displayed.
- Severity: Determines what Alerts will be shown based on severity. For example, if Extreme and Severe are checked, Moderate, Minor, and Unknown events will not be displayed.
- Certainty: Determines what Alerts will be shown based on certainty. For example, if Observed and Likely are checked, Possible, Unlikely, and Unknown will not be displayed.
Step 4: Configure what part of an Alert you want to show on your Displays.
You can choose any or all of the three available fields, Headline, Description, and Instruction. If you do not want something to show uncheck it.
Step 5: Choose the 'CAP Alert Warning' Template as your Presentation.
Choose the presentation field and select the 'CAP Alert Warning' Template that you added to your account in Step 1.
Step 6: Choose which Displays you want Alerts to show on.
By default all your Displays are selected to show Alerts. If you would like to specify which Displays will show alerts, uncheck “Select All Displays” and select the Displays that you would like Alerts to appear on.
Step 7: Set how long you want Alerts to show for.
Set how many minutes you want Alerts to show for once they are triggered. After the set number of minutes have expired your regularly scheduled content will resume showing again on your Displays.
Step 8: Configure your CAP Alert service to use the Rise Vision Web Service URL.
The final step to setting up your account to receive emergency alerts is to configure the CAP alert service that you are using to use the Rise Vision Web Service URL. This is a private URL that contains your Company ID, it should not be shared publicly.
If your CAP alert service requires authentication you will enter those credentials in the 'Authentication Name' and 'Authentication Password' fields.
Your done! Your account is now setup to receive emergency alerts and automatically show them on your Displays.