Note: Linux Terminals are case sensitive. You'll need to enter the commands in this article exactly as they are shown. CAPS lock should be disabled.
- Do not use the sudo command to install Rise Player. The installation will fail.
- Download Rise Player for Ubuntu 64-bit
- Open Terminal with the keyboard combination Ctrl + Alt + T.
- In Terminal navigate to the directory where the Installer is saved. By default this is the Downloads directory. Use the following command to move to the Downloads directory:
Install on a 64-bit OS.
- Enable Installer to run as an executable with the following command:
chmod +x installer-lnx-64.sh
- Run the Installer with the following command:
- If you are prompted to install Microsoft Fonts, use the down arrow key on your keyboard to select OK, then press enter.
A User Interface will be launched for entering your Display ID. For this reason, SSH should not be used to install Rise Player
Ensuring your Operating System auto logins in
- Click System Settings.
- Click User Settings.
- Toggle Automatic Login to On.
- Reboot your Media Player to ensure your account automatically logs in.