Table of Contents
- Supported Android versions
- Recommended device
- Install from Google Play
- Install using mobile device management (MDM)
- Install with the APK
Supported Android versions
Rise Player is supported on Android and Android TV versions: 7.1 - 11.
We strongly suggest setting your apps to auto update, as this will ensure the Rise Player is updated when a new release is available. You can read more about setting your apps to auto update here: https://support.google.com/googleplay/answer/113412?hl=en
The following features are not supported:
- Display Control
If you do not already have an Android media player, we recommend the Minix NEO T5 which can be purchased on Amazon.
You can also use Sony Pro displays like the BRAVIA 4K Professional Display. To install on a Sony Pro display, you must follow the instructions to install using MDM.
Install Rise Player
We recommend installing Rise Player from Google Play. If you have a mobile device management solution like Radix, you can also deploy Rise Player with our APK.
Install from Google Play
- Find Rise Player in the Google Play store.
- From the device, open the Google Play Store and search for “Rise Player”. Then, choose “Install”.
- Or, if you’re logged in to the same Google account on the device and your computer, you can click this link to go to the Play Store entry for Rise Player. Click “Install”, and then choose the device you’re installing on from the list.
- Launch Rise Player on the device.
- You will be prompted to activate your display using the Display ID. Enter the Display ID and select “OK”.
- After a 5-second countdown, your display will start showing its scheduled content.
Install using mobile device management (MDM)
You can use an MDM solution like Radix to deploy Rise Player to a network of Android devices.
The steps will depend on the MDM software you’re using, but in general to install or update Rise Player:
- Download the Rise Player APK from this link.
- Deploy the APK to your managed devices from the MDM.
- If you’re installing on any devices for the first time, launch Rise Player on them and activate them by entering their unique Display ID.
Rise Player can’t update automatically when installed from an MDM. If an update is available, a warning message will appear before your content starts showing on your display. Follow the steps above again to update Rise Player on your displays.
Install from APK
It isn’t recommended to install the Rise Player APK without using MDM. Rise Player can’t update automatically when installed from an APK, and it can’t be updated easily.
To install the APK:
- On the device you’re using as a display, Download the Rise Player APK from this link.
- Launch the Rise Player APK and follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.
- Once the install is complete, launch the Rise Player application.
- Activate your display by entering its Display ID.
If an update is available, a warning message will appear before your content starts showing on your display. To update:
- Select the “Update” button on the warning message.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the installation.