Supported Android Versions
Rise Player is supported on Android and Android TV versions 8 - 10.
The following features are not supported:
- Display Control
- Twitter Widget (the Twitter Template is supported)
If you do not already have an Android media player we recommend the Minix NEO T5 which can be purchased on Amazon for $85 USD
Install Rise Player
We recommend installing Rise Player from Google Play. If this is not an option Rise Player can be installed using our APK. Instructions for the APK can be found at the bottom of this page.
Install from Google Play
To install Rise Player on your Android device:
- Go to Rise Player listing in Google Play by clicking the following link
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.risevision.androidplayer You can also find it by searching Google Play Store using the keywords “Rise Player”. There may be other apps with similar names so make sure to pick Rise Player from Rise Vision.
- Select “Install” on the listing and then select the device that you would like to install it on. If you don’t see the device you want to install on, check that you are signed into Google Play with the correct account.
- Once installed, launch the Rise Player application and you will be presented with the activation screen to enter your display ID.
- Enter your Display ID and select OK.
- Success. You’ll see a 5 second countdown and your display will activate and be ready to show a schedule.
Install from APK
Rise Player does NOT have the ability to automatically upgrade when installed from the APK. In order to upgrade Rise Player, you will have to manually upgrade each device you install it on. We only recommend using the APK on devices that are managed by a mobile device management platform (“MDM”) that can be used to deploy new APK versions.
Download the Rise Player APK on the Android device you want to install Rise Player on
Launch the Rise Player APK and follow the on screen instructions.
How do I know when a new version of Rise Player is available?
When an update is available, Rise Player will provide a notification letting you know. How you initiate the upgrade depends on how you used the APK.
If you are using an MDM, you can download the latest version of the APK from here and then deploy it to your managed devices from the MDM.
If you manually installed the APK , you will need to manually click the “update” button and follow the on screen instructions.