Rise Vision Player is supported on Ubuntu 20.04 64-bit (x64).
To install Rise Vision Player on Ubuntu, you must use the terminal. Note that the terminal is case-sensitive and commands must be typed exactly as they appear in this article.
Install Rise Vision Player
- Download the installer from this link (or the one at the top of this page).
- Open the terminal from the launcher or with the keyboard combination
Ctrl Alt T
- In the terminal, go to the directory where you downloaded the installer. By default, it's Downloads, in which case you would type:
- Enable the installer to run as an executable with the following command:
chmod +x installer-lnx-64.sh
- Run the installer with the following command:
- Press the Y key when prompted to continue with the installation.
- At the password prompt, your keystrokes will be invisible as a standard Ubuntu security feature. Just type your user password and hit Enter to continue.
- If you're prompted to install Microsoft Fonts, use the arrow keys on your keyboard to select OK and then press Enter.
- You will be asked whether you want Rise Vision Player to start automatically. If you are using this device only for digital signage, choose "yes". Otherwise, choose "no".
- The Rise Vision activation screen will be shown. Activate your display by following the on-screen instructions.
Set your user account to log in automatically
If you are using your Ubuntu device only for digital signage, it's recommended that you configure the user you have installed Rise Vision Player with to log in automatically.
- Open the Power menu on the top-right of the Ubuntu desktop.
- Click on "Settings".
- In the list of users on the left, find and choose "Users".
- Unlock the user settings by clicking on "Unlock".
- Enable Automatic Login.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I return to the Ubuntu desktop?
When Rise Vision Player is running, it can be closed with the key combination
Ctrl Shift Q.
- I'm on the Ubuntu desktop. How do I relaunch Rise Vision Player?
Shortcuts were created automatically during installation and placed in the Ubuntu launcher. In the launcher, search for "Start Rise Vision Player" and click on it.
- Where is Rise Vision Player installed on my disk?
The application is installed automatically on your current user profile at
- How do I uninstall Rise Vision Player?
In the launcher, search for "Uninstall Rise Vision Player" and click on it.