Rise Vision Player is supported only on Fire OS 6 and 7.
The Rise Vision Player application for Fire OS was created with the Fire TV Stick 4K MAX in mind. Other Fire OS devices may not play content as reliably as the 4K MAX.
The following features are not supported on Fire OS:
- Display control with CEC
- Rebooting the device remotely
- Portrait orientation
Install Rise Player
- From the Fire OS home screen, go to “Find” and search for Rise Vision.
- Choose the Rise Vision Player app from the list of results and choose “Get”.
- After the app installs, return to the home screen by pressing the home button on your remote.
- Go to the Apps menu and launch Rise Vision.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your display.
Frequently Asked Questions
- How do I set up Fire Sticks at scale?
If you are setting up many Fire Sticks in your organization, first create a dedicated Amazon account for managing them. You can use Amazon’s Frustration-Free Setup feature to set up the devices without needing to re-enter WiFi details.
Note that there seems to be a limit of 200 fire sticks per Amazon account, so if you're scaling past that you may need to manage multiple accounts.
- How do I prevent my Fire Stick from sleeping when I turn off the TV or from inactivity?
By default, Fire OS sleeps your Fire Stick and TV on a 4-hour timer, or any time the TV is powered off, causing Rise Vision Player to close. If you don't want this to happen,
- Turn off CEC on your Fire Stick in Settings > Display & Audio > Display Settings > CEC and
- Turn off "Still Watching" in Settings > Preferences > Data Usage Management > Still
Main article: Why does Rise Vision Player close automatically on my Fire TV Stick after 4 hours?
- How do I prevent unauthorized use of the Fire TV Stick?
To make sure only authorized users can use a remote to make changes to your device, you should enable Parental Controls and set a PIN. On your Fire Stick, go to Settings > Preferences > Parental Controls. Enable Parental Controls, set your pin, and turn on all the options.
A remote can still be used to close Rise Vision Player, but it won't be possible to do anything else without the PIN.