When activating multiple devices, it’s recommended that you use bulk activation. To follow these steps, you’ll need a USB flash drive (not included with the media player) to activate the displays.
To make things simpler, do the first time setup on a monitor at a desk. Once you’ve set up a Rise Vision Media Player, you can easily move it to its intended location without needing to change anything.
First, generate the configuration file. You only do this once.
- On your computer, go to risevision.com/bulk-activation.
- Log into your Rise Vision account.
- Under “Network & Location Information”, fill in the fields:
- Network Name (SSID) is the name of your wireless network as it would appear when connecting to it.
- Wi-Fi password is the password you would enter when connecting to the network.
- Choose the time zone for the location the displays will be installed in.
- If you choose “Yes, do everything automatically”, displays will automatically be added to the RiseVision account you are logged in with. If you don’t want this to happen, choose “No”.
- Click on “Generate Configuration File”.
- A file named “risevision.ini” will be automatically created and downloaded to your computer.
- Connect a USB flash drive to your computer.
- Move the “risevision.ini” file to the root of the USB flash drive.
Do not rename the file or place it in a folder.
- Remove the USB flash drive from your computer.
You’ll need it for the next steps.
Next, activate the displays. You need to do this for each media player you set up.
- Connect the Rise Vision Media Player to a monitor using the supplied HDMI cable.
- Connect the supplied WiFi antenna to the back of the Rise Vision Media Player.
- Connect the supplied power cable to the Rise Vision Media Player.
The device will turn on automatically and launch the Rise Vision Player software.
- Connect the USB flash drive to one of the black USB ports on the media player.
- Configuration will proceed automatically.
- If you selected “Yes, do everything for me automatically”, the display will automatically be activated and show the default schedule if there is one. At this point, it’s safe to disconnect the USB flash drive.
If you selected “No”, you will see the activation screen with a 5-character code. It’s safe to disconnect the USB flash drive during this step. You can follow the on-screen instructions to activate your display.
Once you’re done activating your displays, for security reasons it’s recommended that you delete the risevision.ini file from your drive and flash drive.