Rise Player for Chrome OS is only supported on Chrome managed devices that belong to an Organizational Unit, and are assigned to a Chrome Device Policy. The instructions below detail how to create both of these. For more information about Chrome device management please see, About Chrome device management.
Important: Chromebooks are NOT supported devices to run the Rise Vision Player on, since they do not support enabling Kiosk mode as mentioned in the recommended settings listed below.
Create an Organizational Unit in your G Suite Domain
- Log into your Domain at admin.google.com, and click on Organizational Units.
- Click the Create button to create a new Organizational Unit.
- Enter the name of your Organizational Unit, a description, and if you have more than 1, select the parent Organizational Unit. In most cases, this will be your Domain.
Setup Chrome device policy
Now that your Organizational Unit is set up, you need a Device Policy for the Devices in that OU. Creating a policy is how you configure Chrome devices to run to Rise Player in Kiosk mode. Once you have created the policy, any device assigned to it will automatically install Rise Player and be configured to start when the device is powered on or restarted.
- Go back to the Home page in your Domain, and select Devices.
- In the left menu of the Devices page, in the Device Settings menu, select Chrome Management.
- From Chrome Management, select Device Settings.
- In the Device Settings, go to the Sign-in Settings section, and set the following:
- Guest Mode to “Disable guest mode”
- Sign-in restriction to “Do not allow any user to sign in”
- User Data to “Do not erase local user data”
- In the Device update settings section, set the Auto-update settings to “stop auto-updates”, and in the Kiosk-controlled updates, set that to “Allow Kiosk app to control OS version”.
- In the Kiosk settings section, click the “apps & extensions” page to add the Rise Vision Player app.
- On this page, this is where you will install the actual Rise Vision Player, and set it to auto launch. In the bottom right, select “Add Chrome app or extension by ID, and enter this ID: mfpgpdablffhbfofnhlpgmokokbahooi
- Once the Rise Vision Player has been added, set that App to autolaunch.
- Back in the Kiosk settings section, set the Managed guest session to “Do not allow managed guest sessions”.
Enroll devices and setup your Displays
Once your Organizational Unit and Device Policy have been defined you can setup your Displays with the following steps:
- Enroll your Chrome device. You can find instructions here if you're not sure how.
- Assign your Chrome device to the Organizational unit Rise Vision Digital Signage.
- When your Chrome devices have picked up the policy Rise Player will be started. When prompted by Rise Player, enter your Display ID
NOTE: The following features or capabilities are not yet supported on Rise Player for Chrome OS. (You can preview future changes before anyone else by running a Display at the Beta version of Rise Player following these direction)
- Display Control
- Twitter Widget