The Rise Vision Media Player is a high-performance digital signage media player built for education and commercial use. It is available only from Rise Vision as a Hardware as a Service (HaaS) subscription.
The Rise Vision Media Player reduces your hardware costs and makes it simple to purchase your digital signage software and hardware in one place. The media player is completely managed and supported by Rise Vision, so you can focus on the message you're communicating, not the technology to deliver it.
What does the subscription include?
As a fully-managed Hardware-as-a-Service device, the Rise Vision Media Player subscription includes a level of service not available with any other media player:
- A powerful, purpose-built device managed and maintained by the Rise Vision Support team. Plug the device in, connect it to the internet, and we’ll take it from there with patch management and security.
- Hardware and software support. If there’s a problem with the device, we will use remote access to troubleshoot and fix the problem. If we can’t fix the device remotely, we’ll send you a replacement.
- Upgrades at regular intervals. When your hardware is due to be upgraded, we’ll let you know and send you replacements.
How do I set up the Rise Vision Media Player?
If you'll be setting up many Rise Vision Media Player devices at once, you may want to do bulk activation instead. Otherwise, follow the steps below.
To make things simpler, do the first time setup on a monitor at a desk. Once you’ve set up the Rise Vision Media Player, you can easily move it to its intended location without needing to change anything.
You may need to connect a USB mouse and keyboard to the black USB ports on the front of the media player to follow these steps. If your media player came with a remote, you can use that instead.
- Connect the Rise Vision Media Player to a monitor using the supplied HDMI cable.
- Connect the supplied WiFi antenna to the back of the Rise Vision Media Player.
- Connect the supplied power cable to the Rise Vision Media Player.
The device will turn on automatically and launch the Rise Vision Player software.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, find your wireless network in the list and select it.
- Using the on-screen keyboard or a connected USB keyboard, enter the password for your wireless network. When you’re done, select “Continue”.
- Choose your timezone from those listed on the screen. Then, select “Continue”.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to activate your display.
- Go to risevision.com/activate.
- Log into your account.
- Give your display a name.
- Type the 5-character activation code into the provided field.
- Click “Save” to activate the display.
- Now that your device is activated, you can disconnect any USB peripherals.
- Install the media player in its intended location. First connect the HDMI cable to the TV, then connect the power cable to the wall outlet. Your content should start playing automatically.