In order to display events from a Google Calendar in a Presentation, you must first make the calendar public and get its corresponding Google Calendar ID so you can link to it using the Google Calendar Widget.
Google Apps users: Your domain's administrator may restrict your sharing settings. If you you don't see some sharing settings, contact your domain administrator.
Make the Google Calendar public
- Open the Google Calendar you are using.
- In your subscribed/available Google calendars list (usually bottom left side), click the dropdown button to the right of the name of the Calendar.
- On the calendar menu, click Calendar Settings.
- Select the Share this Calendar tab.
- Check the box next to Make this calendar public.
- Click Save. The calendar is now public and the events it contains can be shown on a Display using the Google Calendar Widget.
Get the Google Calendar ID
You need the Google Calendar ID in order to link your calendar to the Google Calendar Widget.
The steps below continue from where you left off in the above procedure.
- Click the Calendar Details tab.
- Scroll down to the Calendar Address section.
- Copy the Calendar ID:
- After you have copied the Calendar ID, you will paste it into the Google Calendar Settings dialog to link the calendar to the Google Calendar Widget.